Monday, January 18, 2010

Spring and All

After exploring and photographing the area around Spring and Itaska, I headed home, pedaling north on Spring.

I love how St. Louis city streets just go on and on, unlike all the cul-de-sacs and self-enclosed neighborhoods one finds in the suburbs. You can really take a core sample of the city just by following a single street.

Leaving behind the wreckage of the apartments (see post below), I rode by some of Spring's lovelier sections. I particularly like this little jog the street takes at Meramec:



And at Spring and Keokuk there are a couple of handsome apartment buildings. This one just seems solid and proud:



I love the cozy little yard that this L-shaped building embraces:



And the fountain in Tower Grove Park was collared with ice.

No comments: