Monday, February 23, 2009

Myers-Briggs

While checking up on this blog, I happened upon a site devoted to Myers-Briggs types. As I recall from my high school days, I'm an INFP, a type written about here by a man with the unfortunate name of Joe Butt. I was glad to learn from Joe Butt that I share my Myers-Briggs type with Homer and Shakespeare, as well as with Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) and E.T. I suspect, however, that Joe has pulled these identifications out of his Butt. 

This passage struck me as particularly amusing:

INFPs live primarily in a rich inner world of introverted Feeling. Being inward-turning, the natural attraction is away from world and toward essence and ideal. This introversion of dominant Feeling, receiving its data from extraverted intuition, must be the source of the quixotic nature of these usually gentle beings. Feeling is caught in the approach-avoidance bind between concern both for people and for All Creatures Great and Small, and a psycho-magnetic repulsion from the same.

Yes, I am a gentle being, quixotically aswim in my rich inner world of Feeling. And if I seem aloof or quiet, it's just that my feelings toward you are delicately balanced between concern and repulsion.

Interested in a little self-discovery today? Check out your type, if you're lucky enough to know it.

1 comment:

Alex iron-loins Sciuto said...

I do believe that describes you quite accurately!